Watson Works Phonics & Spelling Kindergarten focuses on alphabetic awareness, letter formation, and phonological and phonemic awareness.
At the end of Kindergarten, students will:
• Know alphabetic order and letter-sound
• Write manuscript letters in lower- and
upper-case using D’Nealian style handwriting
• Identify separate words in oral sentences
• Decode and blend sounds to read and spell CVC words
• Understand concepts of print, fluency, and read 88 high frequency words
• Hard copy – 1 volume, coil-bound
• Digital copy – PDF file on CD
• Alphabet Wall Strip
• Large Phonics Wall Cards
• Small Phonics Cards
• High Frequency Word Cards
• Classroom Posters (3): Keywords,
Vowel Sounds, High Frequency Words
• Reproducible Student Workbook
- Hard copy – 2 volumes, coil-bound
- Digital copy – PDF file on CD
• Laminated Alphabet Handwriting Desk Strips
• Reproducible Phonics Cards (with QR codes that link to
pronunciations) to be used for individual practice or
cooperative learning activities
• Reproducible High Frequency Word Cards
(with QR codes that link to pronunciations) to be used
for individual practice or cooperative learning activities
Alphabet Handwriting Desk Strip
Laminated Aa-Zz desk strip contains upper- and lower-case letters in D’Nealian handwriting, keyword pictures, left/right hands, and space for students’ names (25 strips in pack).
Alphabet Wall Strip
Shows keyword pictures for Aa-Zz to hang in the classroom for easy reference.
High Frequency Word Cards
Flashcards to review spelling and high frequency/sight words for each level. Used for drilling words, individual practice, and cooperative learning activities.
Classroom Posters (3)
Posters offer reference for keyword pictures, vowel sounds, high frequency words, and other concepts taught in each level.
Small Phonics Cards
Cards present keyword pictures and letters for phonemes introduced in each level. Used for drilling sounds, individual practice, and cooperative learning activities.
Large Phonics Cards
Cards present keyword pictures and letters for phonemes introduced in each level.
Reproducible workbook includes daily lessons, weekly homework, weekly assessments, phonics cards, and spelling & high frequency word cards.
Includes a hard copy (coil-bound) and digital PDF copy on CD; provides easy-to-follow instructions for each daily lesson and weekly assessment.